Green smoothies are one of my go-to breakfast items. They are so versatile and pack a punch of nutrients. Keep in mind that to properly blend dense leafy greens like kale, you need a high-powered blender to avoid drinking little pieces of kale. (Gross!). I highly, highly recommend the Vitamix S30. It’s cheaper than their classic blenders and way more convenient for home cooking. It comes with a 20-ounce to-go mug which I use constantly for taking my morning smoothies on the go plus a 40-ounce container great for larger batches of soups, sauces & nut milk.
SUPER SIMPLE GREEN SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 handful of kale, rinsed
- ½ frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons Nutiva Coconut Manna
- 2 ice cubes
- a few drops of liquid stevia, to taste (optional)
- Place all ingredients in blender, starting with the softest items like almond milk and coconut manna and working your way to the harder items. This will keep your blender from seizing up.
- Blend on high until everything is fully combined
- If your blender seizes up, turn it off, shake the container a bit and try again