When I made this Strawberry Banana Superfood Smoothie the other day, I realized how long it had been since I’d uploaded a smoothie recipe to the blog. Normally, I make my smoothies on a whim using whatever ingredients I happen to have on hand and rarely remember to jot any recipes down. Thankfully, I remembered this time and am excited to share this smoothie with all of you.
What I love most about this smoothie is that it’s full of green superfoods even though there aren’t any leafy greens in the smoothie. Don’t get me wrong, I love my green smoothies, but sometimes it’s nice to mix it up and have a good ol’ Strawberry Banana Smoothie. Because I use Amazing Grass’ Detox & Digest, I’m not only getting 24 cleansing ingredients, but also 1 billion probiotics to support digestion. Double win.
Lastly, I always make sure my smoothies are like a mini meal. If it doesn’t have fat, carbs and protein, I’m not a fan. For this smoothie, I used Vital Proteins Collagen for protein and coconut butter for healthy fats.
STRAWBERRY BANANA SUPERFOOD SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup almond milk (homemade or I like New Barn)
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Detox & Digest
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen
- 1 heaping tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana, goji berries, for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend on high until well combined.
- Top with goji berries, optional.