I am definitely a bacon kinda gal. (If you couldn’t tell from last week’s recipe). It’s delicious, easy and when I’m done preparing my morning bacon, I love to cook eggs in the leftover fat. Nothing in this world gives eggs a more delicious taste and creamier texture. However, I am also a big fan of breaking up my routine… and that’s where these tasty homemade Maple Breakfast Sausages come into play. I love to make a big batch of these at the beginning of the week for easy, no-fuss breakfasts all week long.
These sausages have one major (not so) secret ingredient. Something you normally might find in sweeter recipes but plays such an important role in these delicious, fall-inspired breakfast sausages. Read the recipe to find out!
MAPLE BREAKFAST SAUSAGE
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage, minced
- 2 teaspoons Primal Palate pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon Primal Palate garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and form into equal sized balls.
- Flatten each ball into patty-shaped discs.
- Heat up a skillet to medium and cook each side about 5 minutes until golden brown.