Gut health is something I’ve struggled with since birth. Adopting a paleo diet remedied the majority of issues I’d struggled with throughout my life which you can read more about here, but after coming off birth control 6 or so years ago, my gut health once again took a turn for the worst, helping to aggravate a long battle with hormonal acne. Although I’ve adopted a variety of strategies to address my gut health, one of my favorite gut-healing foods are gelatin-rich gummies.
My favorite part about gummies is that you can really make them your own. I make different flavors and varieties of these all the time to mix it up. Because fall is in full swing, I decided to make a fall-inspired batch, hence these Apple Cinnamon Gummies! The best part about this recipe is that it only includes 3 ingredients and takes only a few minutes to prepare. The reason these are so great for gut-health is that they contain grass-fed gelatin. (This is the brand I use). Gelatin not only support gut health, but also strengthens hair, skin and nails. Pretty much a win-win.
In order to make these, you’ll need a few candy molds. It completely doesn’t matter which kind you get. Personally, I have this one, these and this. Any of them will do!
GUT HEALING APPLE CINNAMON GUMMIES
- 1 and ¼ cup unfiltered apple juice
- ¼ cup grass-fed gelatin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients over medium heat and immediately begin to stir with a wooden spoon.
- Continue to stir every 30 seconds or so until the mixture almost reaches a boil.
- Once you see the liquid start to bubble, remove from heat and gently pour into a candy mold of your choice. Place the candy mold on top of a baking sheet in order to make it easier to move around.
- Once the mold has been filled, move into the refrigerator to set.
- Once set, I like to move the molds into the freezer before attempting to remove the gummies. It makes them less likely to stick to the mold.
- Once you've removed all of the gummies, store them in the fridge to have on hand throughout the week.