When I was younger, my Dad used to make my brother and I the most delicious Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chili. Since Father’s Day is just around the corner, I decided to pay homage to my Dad and create this delicious paleo & Whole30 compliant Green Chili Salad with Shredded Chicken. Topped with my Classic Guacamole, Pico De Gallo and Paleo Green Chili, this salad is perfect for a summer night or an excellent meal to pack ahead.
For the Green Chili Sauce, I use my absolute favorite appliance, my new copper Vitamix. A lot of Green Chili sauces are thick and chunky, plus they often use flour as a thickener. This sauce is nice and creamy and it gets it’s perfect texture from the blended peppers and gut-healthy broth.
I am on Day 15 of my June Whole30 and going strong! I can’t wait to share my experience, tips and maybe even host a giveaway with some of my favorite Whole30 products, so stay tuned!
GREEN CHILI SALAD WITH SHREDDED CHICKEN
- Prepare Paleo Green Chili Sauce and allow to cool in the fridge.
- Add two chicken breasts to a small pot and cover with chicken broth plus a splash of your green chili.
- Bring to a boil and then cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the guacamole and pico de gallo and set aside.
- When the chicken is done, strain it and shred it with two forks.
- Add romaine to two bowls and top with the shredded chicken, pico de gallo, guacamole and dressed with the green chile sauce!