This Garlic Ghee Mashed Cauliflower is a fantastic replacement for mashed potatoes. Interestingly enough, after starting a paleo diet about 5 years ago, I realized that unlike some other things such as gluten and most grains, white potatoes really didn’t bother me. I didn’t eat potatoes for about a year after going paleo but gradually (and happily) reintroduced them to my diet.
Even still, white potatoes can pack quite the carb load and sometimes it’s nice to mix it up in favor of nutrient-rich cauliflower. I love this mashed cauliflower recipe, especially because it involves one of my all time favorite ingredients – Tin Star Brown Butter Ghee.
You will find a lot of recipes out there for mashed cauliflower that use a high powered blender. Personally, I prefer a food processor as I like my mashed cauliflower to have a bit of texture. If you want yours totally smooth without any small pieces whatsoever, a high powered blender might be a better option.
Serve this mashed cauliflower alongside my Slow Cooker Beef Brisket for the very best comfort food meal.
GARLIC GHEE MASHED CAULIFLOWER
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Tin Star Foods brown butter ghee
- 2 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Chop cauliflower and carefully add to boiling water.
- Uncovered, boil cauliflower for about 10-15 minutes until tender.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, add chopped garlic, ghee, coconut milk and salt and pepper to a food processor.
- Process until desired texture is reached.