After going almost a year without dairy, for the most part, I’ve gotten used to it. But, that’s not to say I’m not thrilled when I find dairy-free alternatives to some of the things I miss the most. Cream cheese was one of those things I figured I’d have to live without… until I found Kite Hill. Kite Hill makes almond-based “cheese” products and some absolutely amazing dairy-free cream cheese. Not only does it make an amazing spread, but after making these brownies it’s clear it makes an amazing substitute for real cream cheese in a recipe too!
These Dairy Free Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies make a pretty fantastic dessert for Valentines Day or whenever you’re looking for a clean, whole food yet indulgent dessert.
DAIRY FREE RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
Raspberry Cheesecake Filling
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons ghee, coconut oil or butter
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup cassava flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish.
- Blend thawed raspberries in a high-powered blender until fully combined and seeds are pulverized. If you don't have a high-powered blender, you will need to strain the raspberry mixture to remove the seeds.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine all raspberry cheesecake filling ingredients including blended berres and mix until well combined. Use a hand mixer if not using a stand mixer.
- In a separate medium sized mixing bowl, combine dry brownie ingredients - coconut sugar, cassava flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- Over a double boiler, melt chocolate chips with 4 tablespoons of the, coconut oil or butter.
- Add melted chocolate, vanilla, eggs and water to dry brownie mixture and combine until smooth.
- The brownie mix should be thin enough to where you'll be able to swirl the batter in the baking dish. If it's too thick, add another tablespoon of water until desired texture is reached.
- Add ⅔ brownie mixture to the bottom of the greased baking dish and spread evenly.
- Pour all of the raspberry cheesecake mixer on top of the chocolate.
- Add dollops of remaining brownie mixture on top of raspberry layer and using a knife or toothpick, gently swirl together.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until a knife or toothpick can be inserted and removed cleanly.
- Allow to cool for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.