I make green smoothies fairly regularly. I find that they are a great, easy way to make sure I’m getting the nutrient-rich greens I need, especially if I am on the go. I also always have fun trying new things and combining new ingredients. This recipe is relatively similar to my Super Simple Green Smoothie, but uses a few different ingredients including almond butter and coconut milk. The result is a lusciously creamy green smoothie packed with nutrients, healthy fats and Omega-3s!
CREAMY GREEN SMOOTHIE
- 6oz full-fat coconut milk
- 4oz almond milk
- 1 large handful of chopped kale
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon chia
- 2 ice cubes
- a few drops of stevia, to taste (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender starting with the softest and ending with the harder ingredients to prevent the blender from seizing up.
- Start blending on low and gradually move to high until all ingredients are well combined.
- Garnish with chia seeds (optional).