Happy Cinco De Mayo! I’ll have to admit, I don’t have a huge connection to this holiday, but I will never turn down an excuse to eat guacamole. I eat guac so frequently that I often buy it pre-made guac from my local Whole Foods to save on time but when I have an excess of avocados laying around (and this happens fairly often), I love to make my own.
I’ve had a ton of different types of guacamole throughout the years but I always prefer the classic flavors. It’s so easy to create a whole new flavor by adding or subtracting ingredients – so don’t be scared to mix it up!
- 3 ripe avocados, smashed
- ⅓ cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 2 tbs cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalepeno, finely diced & de-seeded
- 2 tbs lime juice, preferably freshsalt and papper, to taste
- Mash avocados about ¾ths of the way.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Serve with carrots, crackers, etc.