If I’ve been posting a lot of smoothie recipes lately, it’s because I’m pretty into smoothies. I especially love them as a quick, no-mess summer breakfast or snack. Green smoothies are normally my go-to but sometimes I go all in and indulge in a chocolate smoothie for breakfast.
This Chocolate Mixed Berry Smoothie is a rich and filling morning treat!
CHOCOLATE MIXED BERRY SMOOTHIE
- 12oz homemade almond milk or other dairy-free milk
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen mixed berries
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon sweetener or liquid stevia (optional)
- cacao nibs for garnish (optional)
- Place all ingredients except cacao nibs into a high-powered blenderstarting with the softest ingredients and working your way up to the hardest.
- Blend well and top with cacao nibs for garnish.