What is the best way to reheat a burrito? Well, it depends on the type of burrito you have. All the brevity details are here! Let’s jump into it now!
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Best Way To Reheat A Burrito In The Microwave
- 3 Best Way To Reheat A Burrito In The Oven
- 4 Best Way To Reheat A Burrito On The Stove
- 5 Best Way To Reheat A Burrito In An Air Fryer
- 6 Best Approach For Reheating Different Kinds Of Burritos
- 7 How To Store Leftover Burritos?
- 8 FAQs
- 9 Conclusion
Speaking of burritos, it becomes a dream meal every time because it is super tasty! But why do people look for the best way to reheat a burrito?
The Reason Behind The Demand
Because of the delicious melted cheese blended all over the beef, corn, and rice inside the tortilla, the recipe brings an unforgettable experience that is worth every bite. You may end up ordering too many every time, and you cannot finish it in one sitting.
Then, you will be on the road searching for a way to rewarm it since you may have heard that the dish may improve in flavor over time.
Especially on the 2nd day, when it allows the contents in a burrito to marinade in the refrigerator. The process will convert your leftovers into a delectable delight that you can’t help but save parts of your delicious meal for later.
Hence, rewarming is not only a method to not waste food but also a way you can enjoy the most out of it!
However, the job is mind-boggling when you don’t know how to do it properly, as it can be soggy or dry out easily!
Different Ways To Reheat
For a burrito, when you’re prepared to consume the remaining, the easiest way to rewarm is to wrap the meal in a moist paper towel and put it into a microwave oven.
For several burritos, the quickest way is to cover those delicious ones with aluminum foil and reheat in an oven under low temperature for at least half an hour! In case your burrito has lettuce, sour cream, and alike, which are not preferred to reheat by the oven, take these items out before reheating.
But other reheating processes are matched to different kinds of burritos too. All the methods are covered specifically in this article. Keep reading. You can choose what is most convenient for you then.
Here are four different ways to reheat the dish effectively.
|Method of Reheating Burritos||Instructions||Reheat Time||Kinds of Burritos|
|Microwave||Put it in a moist paper towel, wrap||Between 45 and 90 seconds||Chipotle|
|Oven||Encase in foil||30-45 minutes||Mission, Kogi, Qdoba, Chipotle, California|
|Toaster Oven||Unroll the burrito, insert it between the foil||8-12 minutes||Chimichanga, Chipotle|
|Stove||Unroll the burrito, keep the cover on the pan||5-7 minutes||Traditional Mexican|
|Air Fryer||No wrapping||6-8 minutes||Kogi|
Best Way To Reheat A Burrito In The Microwave
Putting Burrito into the microwave might not be the best way to reheat a burrito, but it is the easiest method you can count on. It is the perfect method for office lunch too!
However, the way is limited to applying one or two rolls only. When you use a microwave, there is a tendency that the dish may dry out. Hence, to keep the moisture level, you should follow these key tips:
- Before you reheat the tortilla with filling, cover everything in a moist paper towel.
- Don’t ever overcook. The longer you cook, the more it loses texture. Moisture from the filling will gradually be lost. The tortilla is likely to dry and hard! It is preferable to gradually increase the power rather than cooking for too long.
- Rotate the food for an even reheating process.
How To Do?
- Get rid of the wrappers like paper or foil, etc., if any.
- Open the burrito and put the cold fillings aside. Then, you rewrap.
- Using a damp paper towel. After that, you ring out the excess water. It can be somewhat wet but not dripping.
- Cover the burrito completely with the damp paper towel. Pay attention to the gap when you take out the filling so there is no leaking!
- Put it in the microwave dish.
- Hit the start button with high power. With small ones, 1/2 min are enough. For a big one, 45 seconds is needed.
- Rotate or flip your food over, and continue to reheat for another 20 seconds.
- Check the warm level. Microwave it for another 15 or 20 seconds as long as its warmness reaches your desired temperature.
- Use non-slip/microwave gloves and take them out carefully.
- Remember something you remove from step two? Replace it and enjoy your meal!
What Kinds Of Burritos Are Suitable For Microwave Heating?
Chipotle, Taco Bell, Breakfast, etc. They are all suitable for the method. As long as you just need to reheat from 1 to 2 pieces/rolls, the microwave will work well!
Best Way To Reheat A Burrito In The Oven
It takes the longest to warm a burrito by using the oven.
However, on the other hand, the home appliance will uniformly heat the entire burrito. You can apply the reheating method to a large number of burritos simultaneously. Then everyone in the house can devour the leftovers all at once.
The oven uses hot and dry air to cook the food. Therefore, please pay attention if you use it. Make sure to use a low heat setting to reheat the dish evenly. Otherwise, the burrito may turn brown if the heat is increased.
Your dish can be dried out by the oven heat, especially if the filling is uncovered. However, you can make use of aluminum foil to sandwich the burrito into it to retain moisture.
How To Do?
- The preheat process. Start the oven at 250° F.
- Open the burrito and put the cold fillings aside. Then, you rewrap.
- Use aluminum foil (light type) to wrap your dish loosely. Ensure that the exposed portion is thoroughly covered. Then you place it on the baking sheet.
- Heat the dish in the oven for half an hour or when you feel it is hot!
- Take the savory dish out and replace the cold components that you remove from step 2. If desired, add additional cold fillings.
The heating time on the oven depends on the volume of your dish, the ingredients inside, and the type of oven you use. Taco Bell bean burritos which are small, will take less time than the big and thick Chipotle.
Besides, using the best oven for baking to reheat will feature stable power, which brings the even flavor and work effectively more than a normal one!
What Kinds Of Burritos Are Suitable For Oven Heating?
Chipotle, Taco Bell, Breakfast, California, Qdoba, Mission, etc. Almost all burritos can be reheated by the method. If you have a stack of the dish, this is an ideal solution!
How To Reheat A Burrito In A Toaster Oven?
- The preheat process. Start the oven to 400° F.
- Prepare two aluminum foils to cover the bottom and top of the dish.
- Unfold and lay the burrito flat on the aluminum foil. Let the filling part face up, and the tortilla part touches the foil.
- Take out the cold filling like lettuce or sour cream, if needed.
- Place the other aluminum foil on top to cover. Make sure your meal is sandwiched between 2 pieces of foil.
- Then, you transfer it carefully to your toaster oven. Start to rewarm for about between 8 mins – 12 mins. Examine the temperature to check if it is warm. If necessary, cook for a little longer. The heating time depends on the quantity of your dish and the ingredients inside.
- When it is done, take it out. Add the cold filling you removed before, and reroll the tortilla if you like!
Please note that when you choose the reheating process, there is a chance that it can be difficult to reroll because the tortilla has become toasty. The burrito can be turned into a tostada when using a toaster oven.
Best Way To Reheat A Burrito On The Stove
It can sometimes be difficult to warm the dish in a pan. It’s more difficult to heat it uniformly too.
If you had a leftover wet tortilla, it could have been soggy overnight. Unrolling the soggy one is a difficult task. A soggy mess can appear. Therefore, it’s ideal for keeping the wet one rolled when applying the method.
To keep the heat in the pan, cover it with a lid. It heats the filling and tortilla at the same time.
How To Do?
- Take out the skillet and put it on the stovetop. Start with medium heat. To avoid sticking, add 1/2 tbsp of oil.
- Unfold the rolled one, and lay the tortilla touching the pan surface.
- Take out the cold filling like lettuce or sour cream (optional).
- In case your burrito has different ingredients, try to spread it around so it is cooked evenly.
- Cover the skillet with a lid. As a result, the heat will be trapped inside. And so does the moisture!
- You should cook for about 5 to 7 mins. Move it around to avoid it sticking to the pan.
- When the heat reaches your expectancy, take it out. Add the cold filling you removed before. You can add more sour cream or any toppings you are fond of!
Reroll if there is a possibility or you like it like so. However, in case it seems hard to recreate, let it stay unrolled and enjoy it like a tostada.
What Kinds Of Burritos Are Suitable For Stove Heating?
The method works best with the smaller burritos, for example, Traditional Burrito!
Best Way To Reheat A Burrito In An Air Fryer
The next is how to reheat a burrito in air fryer. It is also considered as the best way to keep the crispy texture. This method’s procedures are somewhat simpler and faster than the three prior ways.
Before you use the home appliances to reheat, make sure you have the following items on hand: a burrito that was leftover and the cooking oil should be sprayed.
How To Do?
- The preheat process. Start your air fryer at 325° F.
- Prepare a cooking brush and start brushing some olive oil on your dish!
- Place the leftover into the air fryer. Burritos should not be stacked and should have some space.
- Start to air fry them for about 5 mins. Then, you flip them over and continue the heating process. This time, the heating time is from 1 to 2 mins only.
- Take them out and dig in!
What Kinds Of Burritos Are Suitable For Air Fryer Heating?
The reheating method is the best way to reheat a frozen burrito. All the frozen burritos are suitable for the air fryer heating method, except the gigantic one, because it will likely depend on the size of the air fryer too! If we have to choose, the air fryer is meant for reheating Breakfast Burrito.
Best Approach For Reheating Different Kinds Of Burritos
The type of burrito has a huge tortilla, and there are a lot of fillings. Reheating it will take a longer time.
The best way to reheat a chipotle burrito is using an oven or microwave. The heat from the oven is equally distributed throughout the mouthwatering dish. For huge burritos, the oven is the best option. However, if you’re in a rush or hurry, the microwave is unbeatable.
Taco Bell Burritos
Compared to other burritos, the burritos are not only smaller but also lighter. They’ll warm up faster than bigger burritos. Meat takes longer to heat up than refried beans.
The best way to reheat a taco bell is also by applying the microwave or the oven method.
In the refrigerator, leftover breakfast burritos dry up quickly. When starting the rewarming process, keep in mind that the moisture may be lost.
Before reheating the burrito, sprinkle/drizzle it with some water inside. Or you can put hot sauce in. Just some, do not make it soak!
The best way to reheat a breakfast burrito is using the microwave. When a damp paper towel covers it, the moisture will not disappear. Still, you’ll most likely need to put some hot salsa into it. Sour cream also sounds great to keep it from tasting dry.
Another fantastic suggestion is to deconstruct the dish and start reheating it using the stove. The lid can assist retain moisture.
These are massive burritos. There are a lot of fillings stuffed in the tortilla, like guacamole, French fries, guacamole, etc.
The easiest way to evenly heat a huge tortilla is in the oven. However, you should wrap your dish in foil to retain the moisture.
The Mission is enormous and stuffed with rice and other delicious ingredients.
Therefore, understanding how to reheat sticky rice is key. We recommend you use an oven to reheat the burrito. Don’t forget to use the foil to wrap it in!
The best way to reheat a Qdoba burrito also calls for an oven. Keep in mind to wrap it with foil to retain the moisture level of the dish.
How To Store Leftover Burritos?
The USDA’s rules are straightforward. The danger zone which is unfavorable for food is between 40 and 140°F.
If food is put at room temperature for 2 hours, it must be refrigerated. However, when the temperature reaches 90°F, you need to act within 1 hour! Following the rule will prevent food poisoning.
To keep the leftovers, wrap your delicious food in aluminum foil to protect it. And after that, you place it in a storage box like a sealed container. The double covering will assist to keep moisture from leaking.
You should refrigerate the remaining food at 40° F or below.
The cooked burritos should be consumed for two days, three days at maximum. Otherwise, sogginess will come up!
Is It Safe And Healthy To Reheat Burritos?
Yes, it is. Remember to follow the guidelines that we instruct for each type of burrito, and you will have a crispy, flavorful, and completely warm dish.
How To Reheat A Burrito With Sour Cream?
Firstly, you should scoop the cream off while reheating. Your leftovers could become mushy due to the amount of sour cream used. Other parts like lettuce or guacamole also need to be removed too!
Then, you use aluminum foil to cover them loosely. After that, you start to reheat. It will require about 30 minutes in the oven in low-temperature conditions.
How Do You Reheat A Guacamole Burrito??
You have two options:
Put the guacamole apart and put it back after reheating your remaining, or reheat the whole package, keep the guacamole inside. You may top your reheated dish with more guacamole.
The best way to reheat a burrito for each type of burrito is now on your table. We believe that you can crack down any staple burrito with ease with this knowledge! Let them bounce back full of flavors with your hands. Roll up your sleeves and start moving! Bon appetit!