Happy holidays everyone! I am so excited to share some of my all-time favorite paleo gifts AND give away a crazy amount of gifts, stocking stuffers and more to one lucky winner! Ever since adopting a paleo diet, I’ve always scoured the internet for paleo-friendly holiday gift ideas each and every year. This is the very first holiday season for Anya’s Eats, so I knew I wanted to create a list of my own for you all. Plus, I thought I’d turn it up a notch and give away a bunch of stuff as well because, why not? It’s the holidays after all! So, without further ado, here is my Ultimate Paleo Holiday Gift Guide & Giveaway!
Appliances are certainly some of the more expensive items on this list and generally, the most expensive items in a kitchen. The good news is that technology is so advanced these days that you only need a few key items to prepare an endless number of dishes. Plus, while these items may be on the expensive side, they are made with such advanced, high quality materials that most will last for decades.
- Vitamix S30: This might be the only Vitamix you can find for under $400. It comes with a 40oz container for larger recipes and a portable 20oz cup for on-the-go use. My favorite thing about this Vitamix, other than the price and the portable cup, is that it has a much smaller foot print that most other high-powered blenders. I am always looking for ways to consolidate and downsize in my kitchen so when something super powerful is released in a smaller package, I’m all for it. Don’t let the $398 price tag scare you off either… this blender will last you a lifetime. Click here to buy the Vitamix S30 on Amazon.
- Food Processor: I am totally obsessed with my Cuisinart 11-cup food processor. If you want to cook more at home, make prepping a whole lot easier and make healthy dishes a breeze, a food processor is pretty much imperative. Just like the Vitamix above, this appliance will last forever. Click here to buy the Cuisinart Prep Plus 11-cup Food Processor on Amazon.
- Instant Pot: Yeah, I know, I am not the first person to sing the Instant Pot’s praises. But, there’s a reason you keep hearing about it. It’s spectacular. Once again, this tool is a great way to eliminate a ton of bulky appliances in your kitchen. It’s a slow cooker, pressure cooker, sautéer, rice maker… you name it, this thing does it. For only $125, this appliance is a total steal considering the amount of additional appliances you can avoid purchasing. This is a great gift for a newbie in the kitchen because it makes a ton of seemingly daunting techniques simple enough for even the most inexperienced cook. Click here to buy the Instant Pot 7-in-1 on Amazon.
Kitchen Tools and Gadgets
If you’re looking for a few extremely valuable gifts for the foodie in your life, but not totally sold on buying an entire kitchen appliance, many of these tools and gadgets are a great alternative. Some of them even make fantastic stocking stuffers!
- Herb Crisper: I don’t know about you, but one of the ingredients that seems to get wasted the most in my kitchen are fresh herbs. Recipes normally always call for a small amount and unless you’re super diligent about using leftover ingredients, they always seem to go bad before you get around to using them again. Thankfully, there’s something called an herb crisper that keeps your herbs fresh for a much longer period of time. I was gifted one of these a couple years back and don’t know what I would do without it! Click here to buy the Cuisipro Herb Keeper on Amazon.
- Spiralizer: If you or someone you know has chosen to forgo traditional pasta, a spiralizer is a must. Even if pasta isn’t a part of your diet anymore, that doesn’t meant you can’t enjoy strands of deliciousness covered in your favorite pasta toppings. You can turn zucchini, squash, sweet potato and more into pasta strands in a minute with a spiralizer. Now your favorite pasta dish can be enjoyed as a low carb, nutrient rich entree. Click here to buy the Paderno Spiralizer on Amazon.
- GIR Spatulas & Utensils: Whether you use non-stick, stainless or cast iron pans, GIR products are a must-have. Many cheap plastic spatulas will melt over time and metal kitchen utensils will scratch pots and pans, releasing dangerous chemicals in the case of nonstick or damaging expensive stainless or cast iron. GIR makes indestructible silicone kitchen utensils with a lifetime guarantee in a variety of brilliant, fun colors. Click here to buy GIR products on Amazon or here from their website.
- Slipats: Looking for an innovative gift for yourself or fellow foodie to reduce waste in the kitchen? These silicone baking mats are some of my favorite kitchen tools. Cleanup is a breeze and you never have to worry about running our of parchment paper. Click here to buy Slipats on Amazon. Nut Milk Bag: Nut milk bags make a fantastic stocking stuffer. Whether you are buying them for a homemade almond milk pro or a beginner,new nut milk bags are always a welcome gift. Package some nut milk bags with some fresh almonds for an adorable foodie gift. Looking to really wow someone? Throw in a Vitamix S30 for the complete nut milk package. Click here to buy Pro Quality Nut Milk Bags on Amazon.
- Bacon Fork: Bacon lovers rejoice. While these “forks” may not be made specifically for bacon, I certainly would be at a loss for how to prepare bacon without them. Tongs always tear bacon when I use them and spatulas never quite work. This handy little tool is perfect for flipping bacon and I promise, once you start using it you will wonder how you survived without it! Click here to buy the OXO Silicone fork on Amazon.
- Organic Cotton Produce Bags: These amazing cotton bags have several uses. Bring them to the store when you’re shopping for produce to eliminate using those thin, throwaway plastic bags. When you get home, pop the bags right in the fridge. Not only do these eliminate waste but they also keep your produce fresh in the fridge longer! Click here to buy Organic Cotton Produce bags on Amazon.
In recent years I’ve been all about consumable gifts. First off, who doesn’t love food? And second of all, after so many years of receiving physical, tangible gifts, it’s so nice to be gifted something that can be consumed that doesn’t take up space in the long run. Instead of buying more clutter for people’s homes, buy some delicious consumable items that can be wrapped or popped into stockings!
- Primal Palate Spices: Spices are a must for any health-conscious kitchen. However, with just a little research you will learn that the majority of spices are highly processed, irradiated and full of harmful pesticides. Irradiation means that the spices are heated to such high temperatures that often their nutritional profile disappears completely. While you may still be getting the flavor of spices, their health benefits may not be present at all. Thankfully, the lovely folks over at Primal Palate have released a line of spices that are all Certified Organic, Gluten Free, Kosher, Non-GMO and Non-Irradiated. I challenge you to find any other spices that are this high quality. Primal Palate sells four different spice packs plus a one of everything value pack with all 14 of their spices. I use these spices in most of my recipes and won’t ever go back to using the processed alternatives. Click here to buy Primal Palate spices from their website.
- Hail Merry Macaroons & Nuts: Hail Merry makes a variety of raw, nutrient-dense snacks that make amazing stocking stuffers. Their macaroons and nut mixes are always a favorite among my friends and family. You can purchase Hail Merry products online or in retailers nationwide. Click here to purchase Hail Merry online or find a store near you.
- Primal Kitchen Protein Bars: In case you haven’t heard, Primal Kitchen Foods has been releasing paleo-friendly, delectable items over the past year or so. First with their avocado oil mayo and most recently, these amazing paleo-friendly dark chocolate protein bars made with grass-fed collagen. Buy a case of these bars and put one in each of your family’s stockings or gift an entire case to the ultimate paleo foodie in your life. Click here to buy Primal Kitchen Dark Chocolate Almond Bars on their website.
- Eating Evolved: Oh, Eating Evolved. I’m not exactly sure how chocolate can be as good as Eating Evolved chocolate, but it is. I am completely obsessed with their chocolate bars, coconut butter cups and now, their brand new chocolate spreads. All of their products are made with paleo-friendly ingredients and everything is incredibly delicious. If you haven’t tried these amazing chocolate goodies yet, you’re seriously missing out. Click here to buy Eating evolved online or find a retailer near you.
- The New Primal: I know the holidays are all about sweets and treats, but sometimes you need to throw in some savory gifts as well. The New Primal makes amazingly high-quality, grass-fed jerky and meat sticks. I appreciate any company that is willing to share the story behind their product and expose the details about their ingredient quality and The New Primal does just that. Not only are their products delicious, but you can feel confident that you are supporting a company with extremely high quality standards as well. Click here to buy The New Primal online or find a store near you. If you belong to Thrive Market, you can also purchase The New Primal through their online shop.
- Paleonola: If you or someone you know follows a paleo diet, most granolas are out of the question as many use a base of oats. Homemade oat-free granola is always an option but for those of us without a ton of free time, sometimes those recipes are a little too time consuming. Thankfully, Paleonola has released a ton of amazing granolas that are completely oat-free and paleo-friendly. My all time favorite is their newest flavor, Pina Colada but all of their granolas are completely delicious. Click here to purchase Paleonola on Amazon. Thrive Market member? Thrive also carries Paleonola.
Home Goods & Clothing
The kitchen isn’t the only place us paleo folk spend our time. Adopting a paleo lifestyle means just that, changing up your lifestyle to eliminate not just unhealthy foods but also unwanted stress, bad habits and physical & mental toxins. These home and body products will help any caveman or cavewoman achieve ultimate balance.
- Dry Skin Brush: Dry skin brushing is a fantastic and easy detox tool. Plus, it feels fantastic. Simply rub your body with one of these before hopping in shower to stimulate the function of your lymph nodes and help your body release bodily and environmental toxins. Dry skin brushing supports healthy liver function and is especially useful for anyone battling hormonal issues. Click here to buy a Dry Skin Brush on Amazon.
- PACT socks: PACT socks have become a holiday tradition in my household. Not a year goes buy without me buying these super soft organic, non-gmo, pesticide-free and sweat-shop free cotton socks. PACT socks are made in a wind-powered facility and are just about the highest quality socks you can find. Not only will you be providing your loved one with uber soft socks, your money is also going to a company with an honorable mission and honest business practices. Click here to buy PACT on Amazon or here to buy from their website.
- Soapbox Body Products: Soapbox is another great company where your purchase goes to a great cause. For every product bought, a free bar of soap or full month of clean water is given to someone in need. Soapbox started out with bar soap but now makes a variety of personal care products such as shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Click here to buy Soapbox products on Amazon.
- Hydroflask: I love me some Hydroflask. So much so that I actually have 3 of them. Hydroflask bottles are super durable and will keep your hot or cold items the same temperature for a long, long time. And when I say long, I mean long. Don’t be surprised if your iced coffee stays iced for a full 24 hours. Hydroflask makes screw top bottles, coffee mugs and even camping products. I use mine for hot and cold coffee, tea and bone broth multiple times a week. Click here to buy Hydroflask on Amazon.
- Essential Oil Diffuser: This Essential Oil Diffuser is actually on my gift list this year. We just moved into a newly renovated house and while that certainly has it’s perks, it comes with its fair share of construction debris and unfiltered air. Along with air purifiers, essential oil diffusers are a fantastic way to cleanse the air and to start experimenting with aromatherapy and create a variety of different for your home depending on what type of essential oil you use. Click here to buy an Essential Oil Diffuser on Amazon.
Books & Miscellaneous
There are so, so many books that I could put on this list but I’ve decided to narrow it down to just a few that came out this past year or slightly sooner. Books and cookbooks always make fantastic gifts and the ones listed below are all not to be missed. In addition to books, here are a few other ideas for the paleo folk in your life.
- The Homegrown Paleo Cookbook: This cookbook by Diana Rodgers is so much more than a cookbook. Diana provides priceless tools and detailed instruction on how to grow and raise your own food. Plus, all of her recipes are seasonal, based on the ingredients she and her family grow on her farm in MA. Interested in raising chickens, moving to a farm or just want to learn more about homesteading? Then you definitely need this book. Click here to buy The Homegrown Paleo Cookbook on Amazon.
- Down South Paleo: My lovely friend Jennifer Robins released this book just a few more months ago and it’s quickly become one of my favorite cookbooks. Jennifer takes traditional Southern dishes and recreates them paleo-style. Want to learn more about the books contents and recipes? Check out my cookbook review here and click here to buy Down South Paleo on Amazon.
- All-American Paleo Table: This cookbook by Caroline Potter is another one of my faves from 2015. Caroline recreates all of our favorite classic American dishes and shares each of them alongside gorgeous photography. Check out my cookbook review here and click here to buy All American Paleo Table on Amazon.
- Paleo Takeout: This is the second cookbook from Russ Crandall and it is chock full of amazingly simple and flavorful takeout recipes. From Chinese to Indian to American food, you will never miss traditional processed takeout again. Everything in this book that I’ve made thus far is a home run. Click here to read my review of Paleo Takeout and click here to order Paleo Takeout on Amazon.
- Paleo Magazine Subscription: I am an avid reader of Paleo Magazine and actually received this as a gift last year. I always look forward to new issues and can count on the magazine to provide me with info on all the latest research and exclusive recipes, interviews and more. Click here to order a Paleo Magazine subscription from their website.
- Thrive Market Membership: I have to admit, it took me a little longer than some to jump on the Thrive Market bandwagon, but I am so happy that I did. Thrive is like Amazon Prime but exclusively carries healthy food and other wellness products. The best part about Thrive is that for every membership sold, they donate one to a family in need. With a small yearly membership fee you are given access to a ton of amazing products for less than they are sold in stores and you can even try it for free before you decide to join. Click here to try out Thrive Market for yourself or send someone a membership.
- US Wellness Meats gift card: If you follow my blog, chances are you’ve seen me mention US Wellness Meats before. US Wellness Meats carries an endless amount of high-quality grass-fed an pastured meat and delivers it straight to your doorstep. While I have the benefit of living in Southern California where there are certainly an endless amount of retailers that sell high-quality meat products, I still order the majority of my poultry and meat from US Wellness Meats. It’s super easy, saves me time and gives me a ton of different options that I may have to go to several different stores to find. US Wellness Meats offers gift cards which make a fantastic gift for anyone that loves to cook or wants to save time. Click here to buy a US Wellness Meats gift card.
Aaaaaaaaand now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for, the biggest giveaway I’ve ever done by far…. the 2015 Ultimate Paleo Holiday Gift Giveaway! Included in this prize pack are the following prizes…
Variety pack of GIR products
Four bags of Hail Merry Macaroons
Two Pairs of PACT socks
Gift Pack of Soapbox Products
Four bags of Paleonola
A Sampling of Eating Evolved products
Three The New Primal Beef Sticks
Primal Palate Signature Blends
Yerba Prima Dry Skin Brush
The Homegrown Paleo Cookbook
Down South Paleo
All-American Paleo Table
This giveaway ends at 11:59pm on Thursday, December 17th and us open to anyone over the age of 13 who resides in the US. Winner will be notified via email on December 18th.Good luck & happy holidays!