After living in California for 2 years, buying a grill was more than just a little overdue. I absolutely love how food tastes when cooked directly on a flame and the uncertainty of cooking directly on fire makes everything a little bit more exciting. Plus, I’ve never been a huge fan of super fancy meals with exotic ingredients and preparations. My idea of the perfect meal is extremely simple, prepared and cooked as naturally as possible. Lightly seasoning a piece of fresh meat or fresh and throwing it on the grill, is to me, heaven.
This Simply Grilled Salmon is just that, simple, both in its flavors and preparation.
SIMPLY GRILLED SALMON
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- dried oregano, to taste
- dried basil, to taste
- Heat grill to high.
- Remove any pin bones from the salmon with a bone remover.
- Rinse salmon and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of oil over salmon and gently rub.
- Season to taste.
- Place salmon face down on grill and cover, cooking for 3-5 minutes depending on thickness.
- When ready, salmon will have char marks and will be easier to lift off grates.
- Flip with metal tongs or spatula and cook for another 2-4 minutes on the skin side, until crispy.