If there is anything better than my Fluffy Almond and Cassava Flour Pancakes, it’s these Paleo Blueberry Pancakes with Beet Powder. Why? Well, for starters, they’re pink. One of my favorite companies, Love Beets, just released one of of the coolest products I’ve seen in a while – Beet Powder. Just one tablespoon equals 3 whole beets and you can add it to virtually anything – baked goods, smoothies, soups and of course, pancakes! Not only does it provide you with all the nutrition you’d get from beets, but it also serves the purpose of an all-natural food dye.
Without further ado, here is the extremely simple recipe for these deliciously pink pancakes, which by the way, would be perfect for Valentines Day!
- Combine almond flour, cassava flour, baking powder, salt and beet powder in a medium sized mixing bowl and whisk until fully combined.
- In a blender, combine almond milk, eggs, vanilla and banana.
- Pour wet mixture into dry and mix well with a whisk.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat and add a tablespoon of cooking fat.
- Once cooking fat shimmers, reduce heat to medium and use a large spoon to add a dollop of batter to the pan, spreading it out gently to create a 3-4 inch pancake.
- Fill the skillet with 3-4 pancakes at a time.
- Add about 4-5 blueberries on top of each pancake, before you flip them.
- Cook pancakes for a couple minutes on each side, check the underside of the pancake and make sure it's brown (but not burnt!) before flipping.
- These pancakes cook quickly so be sure to watch them carefully.
- Top with toppings of your choice!