After giving up dairy a year ago to address my hormonal issues, I was devastated at the thought that I could no longer enjoy gluten free pizza with real cheese. It had undeniably been one of my favorite cheat foods.
After several months of mourning the loss, I eventually got used to living dairy-free. Although its a bit harder to find pizza options that work for me when I’m eating out, I am so happy that I get to make my own personal pizzas and flatbreads at home, without any concern about dairy or any other ingredient I may not be a huge fan of.
Cappello’s is one of my all-time favorite brands of gluten-free pasta, pizza and cookie dough, not just because they’re gluten-free but because they use paleo friendly ingredients as well.
I used Cappello’s Naked Crust in this recipe, but any gluten free crust, store bought or homemade will do. You may just need to adjust the cooking time and temperature a bit according to the instructions for the brand you bought.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 if using Cappello's, otherwise follow the instructions on your crust in terms of temp and cooking time.
- Make the dairy-free pesto and set aside.
- Add toppings to frozen pizza crust and place on the bottom rack of your oven.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is slightly browned.
- Slice with a pizza wheel and serve hot!