This post is a big deal. Why? Well, this is the very FIRST pancake recipe I’ve posted to Anya’s Eats. It’s taken me nearly a year to share a pancake recipe with you all, because it honestly took me that long to perfect one. There are a lot of delicious, paleo-friendly pancake recipes out there. But for me, this one really tops them all. These pancakes are so delicious you could eat them plain (and I have, many times), but they are also delectable with toppings of course. If you’re looking for pancakes that will fool most people into thinking they’re made with real, wheat flour, you definitely need to try these. They are fluffy as can be and the combination of almond and cassava flour gives them a rich, yet light texture.
- Combine almond flour, cassava flour, baking powder and salt in a medium sized mixing bowl and whisk until fully combined.
- In a blender, combine almond milk, eggs, vanilla and banana.
- Pour wet mixture into dry and mix well with a whisk.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat and add a tablespoon of cooking fat.
- Once cooking fat shimmers, reduce heat to medium and use a large spoon to add a dollop of batter to the pan, spreading it out gently to create a 3-4 inch pancake.
- Fill the skillet with 3-4 pancakes at a time.
- Cook pancakes for a couple minutes on each side, check the underside of the pancake and make sure it's brown (but not burnt!) before flipping.
- These pancakes cook quickly so be sure to watch them carefully.
- Top with toppings of your choice!