About 3 months ago, I stopped eating dairy. But, even before I did, I frequently made this cashew cream as a substitute for whipped cream. In fact, I don’t really even like calling it a whipped cream substitute because it’s so unique and often better than whipped cream as a topping on certain things.
Mostly, I crave cashew cream as a topping for pancakes. But, I also love it over fresh berries, spread on muffins or scones and drizzled on a piece of dark chocolate.
I have to give full credit to my friend Emily for this recipe, not only a super gorgeous and talented baroque cellist but whose college blog Healthy Eating Naturally inspired me even way back in the day to eat healthier.
- Rinse cashews in colander and transfer to a medium sized bowl.
- Soak cashews overnight in purified water.
- Rinse thoroughly in the morning and place in a high-speed blender.
- Add water and remaining ingredients to container and blend on high until fully combined.
- Eat right away or refrigerate for a cool treat!