For the next two months I am going to be sharing a lot of no-fuss, simple (and delicious!) recipes for you all. For the rest August I am going to be super busy getting ready for almost a full month of travel and in September I will be, well, traveling. My blog has always and will always be a reflection of my life, so when I don’t have time to cook, that means you will be getting a lot of simple recipes that are great for when you’re in a hurry!
This week I prepared 5 Minute Paleo Plantains. Although plantains may seem like an intimidating or fancy ingredient, they’re not! They are one of the easiest things to prepared and make a phenomenal side for my Slow Cooker Pulled Pork. I love to make this as a side along with my Bacon Lovers Spicy Southern Greens and Homemade Cole Slaw!
- Peel and slice the plantains to create ½ inch slices on the diagonal.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of ghee.
- Add half of the plantains into the pan and sprinkle half of the allspice and salt on top.
- Flip after about 2-3 minutes or when the bottoms begin to brown.
- Cook the remaining side and remove from pan.
- Add remaining tablespoon of ghee and cook the second batch.
Want to be sure you don’t miss a recipe or post? Sign up for my newsletter here!